My work involves installing & managing a lot of Linux servers. At times I have to do same work on numerous servers. One such task is installing Tomcat. In these posts I showed you how to install Apache Tomcat & how to check its version on Linux servers.
In this post, I will show you how you can automate the installation process across any number of servers using a shell script 🙂
My approach is to : –
- Setup password-less SSH on all servers from one jumpbox machine. Jumpbox is a server from which you will execute this script.
- Create a list of servers in a text file. All servers are typed line by line.
- Copy Java & Tomcat installers on all servers in one go from this jumpbox.
- Then copy the installer script on all servers.
- And finally execute the script.
Below are the commands & script through which…
View original post 347 more words